The Learning Technology Center provides free IT consulting and technical assistance to district leadership and technology teams.
The Learning Technology Center has knowledgeable and experienced experts who provide technology consulting and support to districts and schools. All support is provided for free through the support of the Illinois State Board of Education.
- Provide guidance or assist in the development of school and technology plans.
- Plan technical infrastructure analysis and improvement.
- Plan hardware and software purchases.
- Identify funding sources and assist with grant applications.
- Assist in obtaining and reviewing quotes for technology solutions.
- Identify emerging technology solutions.
- Evaluate technology staffing needs.
Devices Management and Deployment
- Assist with device management and deployment, including Chromebooks, IOS devices, and Windows devices.
- Assist with configuration of G Suite for Education and Microsoft Intune.
- Advise districts on technical processes, solutions, and management, including infrastructure, hardware, software, web services, data security, and statewide technology initiatives.
- Advise on firewalls, filtering, antivirus solutions, 1:1 initiatives, disaster recovery and business continuity best practices and solutions.
- Assist with implementing and evaluating tools for gathering, mining, integration, and reporting data.
- Review and resolve design, accessibility, and compliance issues related to keeping websites and communications tools operational.
Data Privacy and Cybersecurity
- Support, guidance, and resource identification related to data security and practices, cybersecurity, and online student safety.
You can request support by contacting us at email@example.com or completing the help desk form below.