Virtual E-Rate 471 Workshop
March 7 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
This virtual workshop will walk participants through filling out and submitting Form 471, beginning at 9 AM. Hands-on demos of Form 471 will be provided, along with guidance from a seasoned E-Rate expert.
Participants are asked to come prepared with detailed descriptions of desired services in order to certify compliance with program rules. To fully participate, participants will also need the following:
· An internet-ready device
· Your EPiC login and password
· A copy of this year’s Form 470
· A copy of last year’s Form 471
· Electronic copies/scans of any new contracts or signed/dated chosen bids
· Bidding matrix (if you haven’t evaluated bids already)
· a general understanding/description of the equipment you are asking for (each item/service must be categorized, so please have a quick conversation with your local ‘geek’ or chosen provider before joining the workshop)
More workshop dates are being offered virtually throughout the Form 471 filling window. Learn more and find further E-Rate support at https://ltcillinois.org/services/funding-and-access/
Mindy Fiscus is the Digital Access Coordinator for the Learning Technology Center. She has 20 years of educational technology experience in IL. In her current role, she also serves as one of the IL State E-rate Coordinators, board member and IL representative to the State Technology Directors’ Association. She supports districts with the application process for E-rate, a federal program focused on providing cost-effective internet access and network equipment for schools and libraries. She also supports state and federal initiatives related to implementing personalized, research-based digital learning strategies and identifying exemplary sources of digital content. Mindy serves as a member of the Illinois Classroom Connectivity Initiative, a partnership with ISBE, DoIT and the IL Governor’s office. She works out of the ROE 12 office in Robinson, IL.