The Level 1 Certification workshop will prepare participants to take the Google Educator Level 1 certification exam. Level 1 certification indicates a fundamental understanding of using Google Tools in the classroom and confirms standard technology implementation skills. Educators who pass the certification test will be able to advertise their status with a personalized certificate and badge. Certification lasts 36 months.
Participants in this workshop will learn about:
- Tech Integration with the 4 C’s
- Digital Citizenship
- Utilizing Google Drive with efficiency
- Creating, sharing, and collaborating with Google Docs
- Creating, Formatting, and Analyzing Data with Google Sheets
- Developing and Using Google Forms for Quizzes and Data Collection
- Design and Edit Google Slides
- Set up and Operate Google Classroom
- Personalize your Gmail Account & Create User Groups
- Engage with Google Groups incorporating Text & Video Hangouts
- Manage your Google Calendar, Tasks, and Google Keep
- Create a Google Site
- Develop YouTube Channels and Playlists
- Use Google Help to Find Answers, Join a Google Educator Group & Professional Learning Network
Joe Cipfl is a Regional Educational Technology Coordinator for the Learning Technology Center (LTC), an Illinois State Board of Education program that delivers technology and educational services to all K-12 school districts in the state. He facilitates professional learning events regionally; provides consultation and support to school districts related to digital learning, technology integration, and technology infrastructure; and develops instructional materials for educators throughout the southern Illinois region and the state.
Joe is a veteran educator in both K-12 and higher education in the areas of science and technology and is a frequent presenter on instructional and educational technology. He is a certified teacher, a certified school administrator, and certified Google Educator. Before his role as Regional Coordinator, Joe was a science/technology teacher, university instructor, and building-level technology coordinator.