What is Future Ready?
Future Ready helps district leaders plan and implement personalized, research-based digital learning strategies so all students can achieve their full potential. The purpose of the Future Ready Framework is to help your district leaders — including administrators, teachers, librarians, and technology integrators — understand the major components of using technology to 1) transform learning, 2) identify areas of need, and 3) develop specific action plans to address them. The Framework was developed by the Alliance for Excellence in Education and has been adopted by the US Office of Educational Technology. Almost 2500 school district teams nationwide are using the Framework. Illinois joined Future Ready Schools, a project of the Alliance for Excellent Education, in October 2016. The program connects Illinois with a robust framework of research-based digital learning, planning, and implementation tools and resources promoting Personalized Student Learning.
The benefits of becoming a Future Ready are numerous and include free access to tools and resources that assist district leadership teams systemically to use technology more effectively to engage students, empower teachers, and improve overall learning outcomes. The list of benefits includes, but is not limited to:
- Access to the “Future Ready Hub” (quality research-based instructional materials located on the Future Ready website)
- Free Future Ready Regional Summits and Workshops
- Free Professional Development Webinars and Chats
- Free Interactive Planning Dashboard
- Extension Programs directed at assisting with transitioning districts to Future Ready learning environments
- Consultant services assisting districts in aligning to the Future Ready Framework
Future Ready Illinois
In addition, Illinois offers many services aligned to the Future Ready Framework.