It’s been a week and our staff was busy! Here’s a brief recap of where we’ve been spending our time:
EdTech Office Hours
We held 12 EdTech Office Hours where over 1,000 educators, administrators, and IT staff joined our meetings to talk about resources, best practices, and strategies.
Based on the success of this week, we are hosting EdTech Office Hours again. From March 30 to April 3, we will hold 15 hours of online conversations on a variety of topics ranging from remote learning in the content areas, special education, and technology coordinator resources.
Online Learning Resources
The LTC created a searchable database of online learning resources. Our plan is to focus on Illinois-specific and distance learning best practices and strategies.
Consulting with Districts
We spent hundreds of hours working closely with districts, admins, IT staff, and teachers on a variety of topics related to remote learning: best practices in creating distance learning lessons, privacy concerns, resource identification, home access issues, learning management systems, tools and apps, etc. Districts can contact us via email@example.com or contact us directly.
LTC staff have created the following resources:
- Educator Planning Checklist (Worksheet)
- Best Practices to Transition to Online Learning Today (SlideDeck)
- Resources for Parents During Extended Closures (Handout)
- School Closure Planning Guide (Document)
- Get Started with Zoom and Google Classroom (Video)
- Curate Videos in Google Slides (Video)
- How to Separate Your Google Accounts with Chrome Profiles (Video)
- Google Slides as a Remote Learning Journal (Video)
Blogs & Podcasts