Are you looking for an innovative way to enhance student note-taking capabilities? If you’re like many educators, remote and hybrid learning has revealed your classroom’s need to change up this important learning activity.
OneNote from Microsoft might be the versatile tool you’ve been searching for. This platform, which is already available to many educators, can create classroom notebooks and student-centered texts that help keep all learners on the right track.
Keep It All Together with OneNote (2.0 PD Credits)
OneNote has a lot to offer, which is why the LTC has created a brand new online course designed to help educators make the most of its potential. In this free, self-paced course, participants will learn how to get started with OneNote, as well as how to apply the program’s built-in tools to a variety of classroom environments.
You can register for “Keep It All Together with OneNote” over on the LTC’s Online Courses page. Participants who complete all of the coursework on time are eligible to receive 2 PD hours. Sign up today so that you’re ready to learn when this course opens on November 23, 2020.
Are you looking to learn new ways to engage with your students? Check out LTC’s Online Courses for ideas and practical applications in your classroom! We’ve just added two new free online courses that will help you connect and engage with students.
Meet the New Google Meet (1.0 PD Credit)
This course starts with the basics of joining and hosting a Google Meet video meeting, then helps you understand how to manage the meeting and participants. The course wraps up with some resources to help you integrate Google Meet into your classroom activities. Each module includes resources to help you take your Google Meet game to the next level, too!
Let’s Get Going with Google Docs (2.0 PD Credits)
This course will help you develop a basic understanding of Google Docs and how to integrate it into your in-person and remote learning activities. You’ll learn how to create and format documents, insert media into a Doc, and collaborate with students and colleagues within a document. Learn how to leverage the power of creation and collaboration with this fun online course!
These courses are great additions to our current online course catalog:
- Pages for Mac and iPad (1.0 PD Credit)
- Keynote for Mac (2.0 PD Credits)
- Get to Know Microsoft Teams (1.5 PD Credits)
- Stay Organized with Google Calendar (1.0 PD Credit)
- GMail Essentials (1.5 PD Credits)
- Google Drive Basics (1.5 PD Credits)
- Move Your Class Online with Google Classroom (1.5 PD Credits)
- Creating Digital Assessments with Google Forms (1.0 PD Credit)
All of these courses are completely FREE! More courses will be added throughout the Fall semester. Registration for these courses will close December 7, 2020, and you can register any time until then. All coursework must be completed by December 14, 2020.
Register for our free Online Courses today, complete them on your own schedule and earn free PD Credits while you develop your technology integration skills. Check back frequently for new courses.
We are expanding our popular online course catalog to include new interactive self-paced video-based lessons that you can complete on your own schedule. Online professional learning has become more important than ever before, and these FREE courses will help you meet your personal learning goals this fall.
Our fall courses include:
- Pages for Mac and iPad (1 hour)
- Keynote for Mac (2 hours)
- Get to Know Microsoft Teams (1.5 hours)
- NEW! Stay Organized with Google Calendar (1 hour)
- GMail Essentials (1.5 hours)
- New! Google Drive Basics (1.5 hours)
- New! Move Your Class Online with Google Classroom (1.5 hours)
- New! Creating Digital Assessments with Google Forms (1 hour)
We plan to release additional courses throughout the Fall Semester. Other courses currently under construction include:
- Google Docs
- Google Meet
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Forms
- …and more!
Visit our Online Learning Courses page to register. Registration for Fall Online Courses closes December 7, 2020, and all courses close December 14, 2020.
We are excited to announce our Spring 2020 Online Learning Courses for education professionals! These free courses can be taken on your own schedule in the comfort of your home. These learning opportunities will support your professional growth in the areas of classroom technology integration throughout your career. Plus, we can also provide you with Illinois Professional Development Credits to help you renew your Professional Educator’s License.
Summer 2020 Online Learning Courses
Join us for these FREE Online Courses:
- Save Time with an Organized Google Drive (1.5 PD credits)
- Maximize the Power of Google Classroom (1.5 PD credits)
- Understanding the Power of Google Docs (1.5 PD credits)
- Google Forms Essentials: Creating Digital Assessments (1.5 PD credits)
- Google Slides: More Than Presenting Content (1.5 PD credits)
- Getting Started with Google Hangouts (1.0 PD credit)
- Pages for Mac and iPad (1.0 PD credit)
- Keynote for Mac (2.0 PD credits)
You can start on these free self-paced courses when you’re ready, take breaks and complete what you want when you have a few minutes, and come back to finish them whenever you’d like. When you’re done you can register for another course and complete that one at any time during the summer. Registration for any of these courses opens May 11, and all courses will close August 14, 2020.
Get all the details and register at ltcillinois.org/online. We’re looking forward to learning with you!