As part of the E-Rate application process, all applicants must submit FCC Form 471 every year. Form 471 is a request for discounts on eligible products and services. Acceptable Form 471 submissions must include information on the recipients of services, discount calculations, costs of service, dates of service, and service provider(s). Applicants must have Form 470 filed at least 28 days before filing Form 471. After that 28 day window, contracts may be signed, and additional details needed for the application can be discussed with the chosen providers.
This workshop will offer participants an opportunity to learn more about the E-Rate program, especially when it comes to filling out and submitting Form 471. Virtual sessions will begin at 9AM. Hands-on demos of Form 471 will be provided, as well as virtual office hours for completing the forms and asking questions until 2PM.
Please be prepared to provide detailed descriptions of services and certify compliance with program rules. To properly participate, you will also need the following:
· An internet-ready device
· Your EPiC login and password
· A copy of this year’s 470
· A copy of last year’s 471
· Electronic copies/scans of any new contracts or signed/dated chosen bids
· Bidding matrix (if you haven’t evaluated bids already)
· If you are not ‘geeky’ and filing for Cat2 – a general understanding/description of the equipment you are asking for. (We have to put it into categories and types, so please have a quick conversation with your local ‘geek’ or chosen provider before you come.)