Online Learning Specialist, Learning Technology Center
With almost 30 years of experience in education, Matt Jacobson’s colleagues have given him the nickname “Yoda” in light of the breadth and depth of his experience and the guidance he offers educators.
Matt has taught middle school and high school social studies, science, technology, and mathematics for almost 15 years. Matt served as an educational specialist for the Association of Illinois Middle-Level Schools for 3 years. He was a technology and professional learning coach and coordinator for more than a decade. Matt has presented at numerous state and national conferences on effective middle grades practices and technology integration. He has coached both individuals and teams, and coordinated new teacher mentoring programs. Matt has planned and coordinated professional learning experiences and institutes for hundreds of educators. Matt has helped develop school improvement and technology integration plans for schools and districts. Matt helped start the west-central Illinois chapter of Illinois Computing Educators (now known as Illinois Digital Educators Alliance) and was a founding member of the annual Whatever It Takes Conference. He shares his experiences and insights with guests on an interview podcast he co-hosts, called Learning Through Leading. Matt is active on his Twitter and LinkedIn professional social media networks.
Matt is currently the Online Learning Specialist for the Learning Technology Center of Illinois. In this role, he creates online professional learning opportunities supporting educators statewide. Matt is also available to help districts develop e-learning day plans and online learning strategies. Matt is also available to help schools and districts throughout Illinois develop custom professional learning courses to help keep students and the teachers who serve them on the cutting edge of digital-age learning.
Matt resides in Macomb, Illinois, and helps manage his family’s farm near Roseville. In his free time, Matt enjoys bicycling, reading historical fiction, watching sci-fi, listening to podcasts, and catching up with family and friends.Additional Qualifications
Google Level 2 Certified EducatorContact Information
- Services Provided
- Consulting Keynotes Professional Development and Teacher Training Technical Implementation Webinars
- Assessment/evaluations/standards BYOD and 1:1 instructional programs Communication and collaboration Creativity and productivity tools Digital citizenship Digital equity Distance, online blended and flipped learning Emergent technologies Google Innovation Instructional design and delivery ISTE Standards Online tools, apps and resources Open educational resources Personalized learning Social Media STEM Storytelling and multimedia Technology planning and evaluation
- 3-5 6-8 9-12 K-2
- 1 Hour Sessions 3 Hour Sessions 6 Hour Sessions Ongoing Support
- School Days School Holidays/Breaks Summer
- Contact the Presenter for Fees