The Learning Technology Center of Illinois is proud to offer a Google Educator Level 2 Certification workshop. The Level 2 Certification workshop will prepare participants to take the Google Educator Level 2 certification exam. The Google for Education site states: Level 2 status indicates that an educator is able to successfully integrate a wider range of Google for Education tools and other technologies in order to transform their teaching practice. Educators who pass the certification test will be able to advertise their status with a personalized certificate and badge. Certification lasts 36 months. Participants should bring a Chromebook or laptop to the workshop.
Participants in this workshop will learn about:
- Advanced organizational strategies and skills with Google Drive
- Exploration of new learning models to help personalize the learning experience, including: Blended Learning, the Flipped Classroom, and Project-Based Learning
- Collaboration and HyperDoc lesson building strategies with Google Docs
- Research strategies and tools with Google Scholar
- Advanced-Data Analysis with Google Sheets
- Advanced Formative Assessment and data collection with Google Forms
- Inceasing efficiency with Gmail and Calendar Labs.
- Organization of information, communication, and collaboration with Google Sites
- Utilizing Advanced Search Techniques in the Classroom
- Research and Exploration with Google Maps and Google Earth
- Utilizing Chrome Add-Ons and Extensions with students