Recently Google for Education created an excellent course showing how to leverage GSuite tools for Remote Learning or “Distance Learning.” Google’s Distance Learning for Educators Course is a free online learning course that is available to anyone, anywhere, at any time. The course demonstrates how to use tools like Google Meet, Google Classroom, and others to support student learning. It also includes suggestions for social-emotional learning and ways to keep open the lines of communication with students and families.
The Learning Technology Center is happy to provide Illinois educators with 2.75 hours of Professional Development Credit for license renewal for completing this course.
Here’s how to Receive Free PD Hours from the LTC
- Register through the LTC’s website.
- Complete Google’s Distance Learning for Educators Course.
- Any questions regarding the content of the course should be directed to Google through their website.
- Upon successful completion of this course, Google will generate an onscreen certificate.
- If you have already completed the course, simply go back to the course homepage and click the “View Certificate” button.
- Highlight and copy the URL (or “web address) of your unique certificate.
- Open THIS FORM to request PD and enter the required information.
- Paste the URL for your unique certificate into the space provided.
- Submit the form. Within 5 business days we will email you a link to an evaluation form. After you complete and submit the evaluation form, your PD Credit Evidence of Completion form will be emailed to you within a few days.