Through the lens of the AVID (Advancement Through Individual Determination) WICOR (Writing, Inquiry, Collaboration, Organization, and Reading) framework, we will examine:
- Structuring virtual and hybrid environments to maximize learning.
- Orchestrating meaningful discussions in breakout rooms.
- Embedding choice in student learning to increase buy-in and student connection in the virtual environment.
By attending this session, attendees will be able to:
- Structure a virtual or hybrid lesson to maximize learning.
- Use common tech tools such as the Google Suite and Zoom to engage students in learning virtually.
- Increase student collaboration through the use of templates and structured routines in breakout rooms.
- Create differentiation offering choice and voice for students by leveraging tech tools.
Amy Handley, Dave Martin, Kellie Ringel, Meaghan White, Sarah Wargaski