The Learning Technology Center (LTC) is an Illinois State Board of Education program that supports all public PK-12 districts, schools, and educators through technology initiatives, services, and professional learning opportunities that further four main focus areas: digital teaching, learning, and leadership; network and technology infrastructure; student data security and safety; and equity and access.
The Learning Technology Center provides the following deliverables that advance digital learning and meaningful technology use:
- Assist PK-12 districts with improvements to broadband connectivity, network infrastructure, and supportive systems that increase equitable learning opportunities.
- Provide PK-12 districts with technical support, guidance, and resource identification related to information technology processes, solutions, and management that improve digital learning environments and increase district operation efficiency.
- Provide PK-12 districts with support, guidance, and resource identification related to data security and practices, cybersecurity, and online student safety.
- Develop and expand in-person and digital professional learning communities for PK-12 educators, administrators, technology staff, and/or business and industry partners that support digital learning initiatives and foster collaborations.
- Facilitate high-quality professional learning opportunities for educators, administrators, and technology staff that support digital teaching, learning, and leadership.
- Assist districts in identifying purchasing strategies, accessing funding sources, and procuring technology and digital resources.