About the E-Rate Program
E-rate is administered by the Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC) under the direction of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), and provides discounts to assist most schools and libraries in the United States to obtain affordable telecommunications and Internet access. Funding is requested under four categories of service: telecommunications services, Internet access, internal connections, and basic maintenance of internal connections. It is one of four support programs funded through a Universal Service fee charged to companies that provide interstate and/or international telecommunications services.
- You meet the program definition of a school or a library.
- Eligible Services List (ESL) provides guidance on the eligibility of products and services
- Conduct competitive bidding (Form 470) and attach RFPs
- After 28 days, evaluate bids and select winning service, using price of the eligible products and services as the primary factor in your selection process.
- Applying for discounts (Form 471)
- Application reviewed by USAC. Applicant responds to inquiries (PIA)
- Receive Funding Commitment Decision Letter (FCDL) from USAC and the delivery of services starts.
- Confirm receipt of services (Form 486) and make CIPA Certifications.
- Invoice for discounts (Form 472/BEAR or Form 474/SPI)
Funding Year 2017 Dates
- Filing Window Opens: Monday, February 27, 2017 at 12:00 noon EST
- Filing Window Closes: Thursday, May 11, 2017 at 11:59 PM EDT.
- E-rate (USAC Schools and Libraries Program)
- E-rate Applicant Process
- E-rate Central
- E-rate Productivity Center (EPC)
- E-rate / Children’s Internet Protection Act (CIPA) Requirements
- USAC Schools and Libraries: News Briefs
- USC Client Service Bureau – Call (888) 203-8100 between 8:00 am and 8:00 pm ET weekdays.
Additional Illinois E-Rate Resources
- E-rate Information from the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE)
- Illinois Free and Reduced-Price Meal Eligibility Data Eligibility data provided by ISBE. Contact your school district for the most recent data.
Illinois Procurement Bulletin: Master Contracts
Schools and libraries may use the Statewide Master Contracts listed below to purchase items for E-Rate Category 2, or use the information provided in them as a reference when completing Form FCC 470. To begin the process of seeking funding for eligible services under the E-rate program, applicants must initiate the required competitive bidding process by filing FCC Form 470.
Please note that the Cisco Equipment and Services Master Contract (CMS8293460) is only valid for customers of the Illinois Century Network(ICN). The Statewide Telecom Network Voice and Data Services Master Contract ( CMC131864A) may be used by all eligible applicants. However, since it lists several equipment vendors, an applicant would need to perform a mini-bid to select equipment.
- Master Contract: Cisco Equipment and Services Contract Number: CMS8293460
- Master Contract: Statewide Telecom Network Voice and Data Services Contract Number: CMC131864A